In line with COVID restrictions, we are operating all our events as booked meets. To book you will need to complete and submit the form below.
As we will still be in lockdown 3.0, the Camping and Caravanning Club have asked that our AGM (along with other Club Units) be held virtually.
Our AGM will still be held on 6th February at 1400hrs, but as a Zoom meeting. Members wishing to ‘attend’ the meeting will be sent details nearer the time. If you wish to do so you will need to notify us via the form below.
The quorum (minimum number of members needed for the AGM to go ahead) is 15.
To keep the meeting manageable, reports will be circulated in advance of the meeting for attendees to read.
Anyone wanting to join the committee please let us know in advance. In particular we are looking for a new Secretary, plus Sites and Equipment Officers, but if you would like to help in any way on the committee this would be most welcome.
*If the AGM fails to meet the requirements of the C&CC then there will be a need to hold a face-to-face EGM later in the year:- let’s hope it doesn’t come to that!
Colin, Lyn and Amanda are standing down from the Committee at the AGM in February 2021, so we need people to come forward to take on the following roles:
Secretary:- looking after the admin.
Sites Officer :- All 2021 venues are already booked and Colin will assist anyone interested in taking on this role.
Equipment Officer:- There is not much to this role – picking up any equipment needed for any meets from our Stores, trailer with Marquees, signs, etc. and carrying out an annual audit of all equipment.
Treasurer Kevin Butler has been proposed and accepted by the Committee.
Anyone else wishing to help on Committee or in any other way is always appreciated.
The programme of planned events for next year can be found here. Currently we have no stewards except for the Easter Meet, so if you are able to volunteer that would be appreciated. Contact Colin Shearer if you’re able to help.
I would like to remind everyone that The Royal County of Berkshire DA still need a Treasurer for next year. The position needs to be filled by the end of the month, otherwise we will have no RCBDA.
PLEASE, if you know someone who would be prepared to take this position on, let any committee member know ASAP.
I’m sure Lynn, our present Treasurer, would be willing to help someone to understand what needs to be done.
At the moment, obviously there’s not a lot going on, but we desperately need to fill this Committee position by the end of the month.
I know we don’t know what’s going to happen in 2021 but one thing’s for sure NO TREASURER, NO RCBDA!
There’s a lot of uncertainty about Coronavirus and following the Camping and Caravanning Club guidelines, so the committee have taken the difficult decision to cancel the rest of our DA meets this year.
The THS 14-31st August, has been CANCELLED by WCP. Due to the complications of COVID19 there were lots of issues to overcome and the site was worried about our safety.
Although we now have the go-ahead for camping, the new regulations involved are quite complicated. Keep an eye here and in our Facebook group for any updates about meets in the future.
Hi everyone, I’m sorry that I have to notify you that the C&CC have cancelled all of July’s meets, so Goulders,3-5 July, Church Paddock Cookham 17-19th July, and Westfields Farm 24-26 July, are all off.
I have informed these venues.
I have been informed that, currently, all Meets and THSs for August and beyond are continuing but this is subject to change?
At the moment our THS at WCP is still in the mix🤞,except the Park is currently closed and I’m not sure when or if it will open in time?
Thanks Colin Shearer, Sites Officer.
COVID-19:- All RCBDA Activity is cancelled with immediate effect.
The Executive Committee of the Camping and Caravanning Club have taken the decision that until further notice all Club meets, runs, meetings including committee meetings and AGMS should cease.
They will continue to monitor the situation closely, and in due course will issue guidance on returning to ‘business as usual’
Unfortunately due to the risk from the adverse weather, we have had to take the decision to cancel tomorrow’s Spring Walk.